Richmond in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. John's United Methodist Church
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9064.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is January 22, 1839.
Location. 29° 34.933′ N, 95° 45.705′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Jackson Street (Alternate U.S. 90) and South 4th Street, on the right when traveling west on Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Jackson St, Richmond TX 77469, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar (within shouting distance of this marker); Constantine W. Buckley (within shouting distance of this marker); The McFarlane HouseFort Bend County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Courthouse Square (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jane Long Boarding House (about 400 feet away); Morton Lodge No. 72, A. F. & A. M. (about 500 feet away); Moore Home (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 2, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 179 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.