Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Richmond in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Fort Bend County Courthouse

 
 
Fort Bend County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Larry D. Moore, August 30, 2018
1. Fort Bend County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  This classical revival building is the fifth courthouse for Fort Bend County, which was organized in 1837. The structure was designed by C. H. Page of Austin and dedicated in 1909. The contractor was the Texas Building Company, also of Austin. Exterior styling features a dome, statue, and cornices of copper. The interior has a 3-story rotunda, mosaic tile floors, and green glazed tile wainscoting. Additions were made to the courthouse in 1935 and 1957.
 
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8994.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
 
Location. 29° 34.902′ N, 95° 45.705′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Jackson Street (Alternate U.S. 90) and South 5th Street, on the right when traveling east on Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 Jackson Street, Richmond TX 77469, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar (a few steps from this marker); Constantine W. Buckley (within shouting
Fort Bend County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Brian Anderson, November 17, 2018
2. Fort Bend County Courthouse Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
distance of this marker); The McFarlane House (within shouting distance of this marker); St. John's United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Moore Home (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Courthouse Square (about 400 feet away); City of Richmond (about 500 feet away); Jane Long Boarding House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
 
Fort Bend County Courthouse and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, October 10, 2020
3. Fort Bend County Courthouse and Marker
Fort Bend County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Larry D. Moore, November 12, 2008
4. Fort Bend County Courthouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 2, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 245 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on September 2, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.   2. submitted on November 18, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.   3. submitted on October 10, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.   4. submitted on September 2, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=122796

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jul. 2, 2022