Rocksprings in Edwards County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Carson Store
First stone store in town; built 1920-21 by G. M. Carson, merchant. His 1904 general store (on this site) was for years only establishment in county selling caskets. Present store withstood 1927 tornado that killed 72 here; is still owned by the Carson family.
Erected 1968 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3702.)
Location. 30° 0.991′ N, 100° 12.456′ W. Marker is in Rocksprings, Texas, in Edwards County. Marker is at the intersection of North Well Street and East Austin Street, on the right when traveling north on North Well Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rocksprings TX 78880, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edwards County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Rocksprings Telephone Company (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker (about 300 feet away); Edwards County (about 300 feet away); Gilmer Hotel (about 300 feet away); Headquarters, American Angora Goat Breeders' Assn. First Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); Rocksprings Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rocksprings.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Old Carson Store.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 3, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on December 1, 2019, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. 3. submitted on September 3, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.