Little Zion Baptist Church
(Continued on other side)
Later, a frame sanctuary was built. In the past 130 years, Little Zion has had only five pastors. The longest pastorate was Rev. Abraham Chandler, who served for fifty years from 1887-1937. Under the leadership of Pastor Eddie W. Davis, the newest edifice was built in 1995 and added land was purchased. In 2016, a part of Winnsboro Hwy. was named for him in honor of all his accomplishments and service as pastor since 1983.
Erected 2017 by Little Zion Baptist Church. (Marker Number 40-201.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 34° 10.298′ N, 81° 2.506′ W. Marker is in Blythewood
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fairfield Institute / Kelly Miller (approx. 3.7 miles away); St. Paul Baptist Church (approx. 4.1 miles away); Sandy Level Baptist Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Bethel Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); George P. Hoffman House (approx. 5 miles away); Blythewood School (approx. 5.2 miles away); Zion Chapel Baptist Church No. 1 (approx. 5˝ miles away); Killian Road Baptist Church Cemetery Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blythewood.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 28, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2018. This page has been viewed 90 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 28, 2018. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.