Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Aculco de Espinoza in Aculco, Mexico State, Mexico — The Central Highlands (North America)
 

The Naming of Aculco de Espinoza

 
 
The Naming of Aculco de Espinoza Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, September 23, 2018
1. The Naming of Aculco de Espinoza Marker
Inscription.  

Por Decreto de 29 de septiembre de 1954, San Jerónimo Aculco, llevaría en lo sucesivo el apellido del filántropo Ignacio Espinoza, originario del propio pueblo.
Patrimonio Cultural del Edo. de México, 1980.

English translation:
Through a decree of September 29, 1954, the town of San Jerónimo Aculco also carries the last name of the philanthropist Ignacio Espinoza, originally from this same town.
Cultural Heritage of the State of Mexico, 1980.
 
Erected 1980 by Patrimonio Cultural del Estado de México.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public WorkPolitical Subdivisions. A significant historical date for this entry is September 29, 1954.
 
Location. 20° 5.962′ N, 99° 49.673′ W. Marker is in Aculco de Espinoza, Estado de Mexico (Mexico State), in Aculco. Marker is on Plaza Constitución, on the left when traveling south. The marker is to the left of the entrance to the Ayuntamiento de Aculco de Espinoza. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Plaza Constitución 1, Aculco de Espinoza MEX 50360, Mexico. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
At least 8 other markers are within 14 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro (within shouting distance of this marker); Hidalgo in Aculco (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Creation of the Municipality of Aculco (about 150 meters away); Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla in Aculco (approx. 2.5 kilometers away); The Battle of Aculco and the "Blessed Tree" (approx. 6.4 kilometers away); Parish of Arroyo Zarco (approx. 10.7 kilometers away); The Royal Inland Road (approx. 10.7 kilometers away); Polotitlán (approx. 14 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Aculco de Espinoza.
 
Origin of Aculco Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, September 23, 2018
2. Origin of Aculco Marker
This marker is to the right of the entrance to the Ayuntamiento (City Hall) of Aculco de Espinoza. It reads:

Aculco
Acolco o Acocolco:
Atl, Agua Cocoltic, reduplicativo de coltic, torcido Co, en
“En el agua muy torcido.”
Patrimonio Cultural del Edo. de México, 1981.

English translation:
Aculco
Acolco or Acocolco: Atl, Water; Cocoltic, an emphasized version of ‘coltic’, twisted; Co, in.
“In the very twisted water” (Possibly a reference to the nearby river to the west)
Cultural Heritage of the State of Mexico, 1981.
The Naming of Aculco de Espinoza Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, September 23, 2018
3. The Naming of Aculco de Espinoza Marker
The marker can be seen far to the left on this building, the Ayuntamiento (City Hall) of Aculco de Espinoza. The additional marker to the right is the Origin of Aculco marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 23, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 414 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 23, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=123709

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024