Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Princeton in Caldwell County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

Shandy Hall (Princeton)

 
 
Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
1. Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker
Inscription.  Shandy Hall, two-story stone home built on Bluff above Big Spring, built by William Prince on his 200-acre survey made in 1798. Prince, a Rev. War veteran from S.C., began town on waters of Eddy Creek. In 1817, Princetown became county seat of Caldwell Co. Changed to Princeton the next year, it was situated on 50-acre donation of Prince heirs.
Presented by Caldwell Co., Ky., Bicentennial
Committee and The Ky. Bicentennial Commission.

 
Erected 1992 by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1902.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable BuildingsSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1798.
 
Location. 37° 6.458′ N, 87° 52.889′ W. Marker is in Princeton, Kentucky, in Caldwell County. Marker is on East Washington Street west of Edwards Avenue, on the left when traveling east
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
. Located in Big Spring Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: East Washington Street, Princeton KY 42445, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trail of Tears (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Shandy Hall (Princeton) (within shouting distance of this marker); William Prince (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Prince, 1752-1810 / Founder of Princeton (about 500 feet away); County Named, 1809 (about 500 feet away); Black Patch War (about 600 feet away); Courthouse Burned (about 600 feet away); Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princeton.
 
More about this marker. This is one of two identical markers with the same marker number and text.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Exact duplicate marker.
 
Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker (on right) in Big Spring Park. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
2. Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker (on right) in Big Spring Park.
Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker in far background, looking east on Washington Street. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
3. Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker in far background, looking east on Washington Street.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 235 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=123817

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 14, 2024