Lecompte in Rapides Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Lecompte High School
National Register of Historic Places 1992
Built in 1924, the Lecompte High School is a significant historic landmark of Bayou Boeuf. It's Neo-Classical style was designed by architect Scott Yeager, Jr., built by general contractor W. J. Quick. Lecompte High served the educational needs of the Lecompte Community for 46 years, closing in 1970. In 1991 it was donated to the Town of Lecompte which leased it to Lecompte High School Corporation. The Corporation restored it as a community center housing The Lecompte Historical Museum and a branch of the Rapides Parish Library.
Erected by Lecompte High School Corporation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education.
Location. 31° 5.365′ N, 92° 24.204′ W. Marker is in Lecompte, Louisiana, in Rapides Parish. Marker is on Veterans Drive west of Canal Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1610 Veterans Drive, Lecompte LA 71346, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Lecompte (approx. Ό mile away); Smith's Landing (approx. The Name Lecompte (approx. 0.4 miles away); Epps House (approx. 5.9 miles away); a different marker also named Epps House (approx. 6 miles away); Edwin Epps House (approx. 6 miles away); Oakland Hall (approx. 6.2 miles away); Headquarters 1st Calvary Division, Army of West La., May 8, 1864 (approx. 6.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lecompte.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 9, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 29, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 164 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 29, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. 3. submitted on September 29, 2018.