Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Havre de Grace in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Rock Run

 
 
Rock Run Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, June 23, 2007
1. Rock Run Marker
Inscription.  Rock Run House, the home of Brigadier-General James J. Archer, who resigned from the United States Army to join the Confederacy. Wounded and captured at Gettysburg July 1, 1863, General Archer died in Richmond October 24, 1864, shortly after his exchange.
 
Erected by Maryland Civil War Centennial Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 1, 1863.
 
Location. 39° 36.476′ N, 76° 8.631′ W. Marker is near Havre de Grace, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker is on Rock Run Road 0.1 miles north of Stafford Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Havre de Grace MD 21078, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rock Run Landing (within shouting distance of this marker); Rock Run Mill (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Smith’s Falls (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Rock Run Mill (approx. one mile away); River Crossing (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jacob Tome, Town Father
Rock Run House image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, June 23, 2007
2. Rock Run House
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1˝ miles away); John A. J. Creswell (approx. 1˝ miles away); On Alert (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Havre de Grace.
 
Also see . . .  James Jay Archer (1817–1864). Brief biography on the CivilWarHome.com website. (Submitted on June 24, 2007.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 23, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,768 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 23, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=1242

Paid Advertisement
May. 13, 2021