Zollinger-Harned Department Store
Constructed in 1924 as the Zollinger-Harned Department Store, this building is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. It was acquired and renovated by Sovereign Realty 1983-III, Ltd.
Developer: Sovereign Realty, Inc., a subsidiary of Butcher & Company, Inc.
Architect: Wallace & Watson - Associates, P.C.
Contractor: Wilmer R. Schultz, Inc.
May 23, 1984
Erected 1984 by Sovereign Realty, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 40° 36.167′ N, 75° 28.206′ W. Marker is in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in Lehigh County. Marker is on Hamilton Street east of Church Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 605-613 West Hamilton Street, Allentown PA 18101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Saving of the Liberty Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); Zion Church Military Hospital (within shouting distance of this marker); Zion's Reformed Church (within shouting distance Keenan House (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Soldiers and Sailors Monument (about 500 feet away); In Honor of Those Who Served (about 500 feet away); Spanish American War Memorial (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Allentown.
Also see . . . Zollinger-Harned Company Building National Register Nomination. (Submitted on October 3, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 3, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 3, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.