Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of First Ohio State Home Football Game / The Ohio State University First Football Team 1890
Alexander S. Lilley, Coach
Fred B. "Jack" Ryder, Coach
Erected 2006 by The Ohio State University, Giant Eagle, Schumacher Place Civic Association, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 92-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Events • Sports. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list.
Location. 39° 56.676′ N, 82° 59.376′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on East Whittier Street, on the right when traveling west. In front of the Giant Eagle grocery store. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 280 E Whittier Street, Columbus OH 43206, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Circa 1872 (about 700 feet away); Circa 1870 (approx. Ό mile away); Gold Star Mothers Circa 1864 (approx. Ό mile away); Franklin County Soldiers of the Mexican War (approx. Ό mile away); Schiller Park (approx. Ό mile away); Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 13,095 times since then and 122 times this year. It was the Marker of the Week October 19, 2008. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.