St. Charles in St. Charles County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Trail to Fort Osage
— Established August 25, 1808 —
Erected 2010 by Missouri State Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical Forts and Castles • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 25, 1808.
Location. 38° 46.54′ N, 90° 29.044′ W. Marker is in St. Charles, Missouri, in St. Charles County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Water Street, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 724 South Main Street, Saint Charles MO 63301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lewis and Clark Expedition Rendezvous Site (a few steps from this marker); Farmer's Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Missouri (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Collier Cottage (about 400 feet away); Home of Don Carlos Tayon (about 400 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri (about 400 feet away); Lewis & Clark Monument (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Charles.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 186 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.