Newark in Licking County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
A. H. Heisey Glass
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Heisey Collectors of America, Inc., and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 18-45.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & CommerceOhio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
Location. 40° 3.409′ N, 82° 24.608′ W. Marker is in Newark, Ohio, in Licking County. Marker is on West Church Street near North 6th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 169 West Church Street, Newark OH 43055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veteran's Park (within shouting distance of this marker); John L. Clem (within shouting distance of this marker); Licking County Sheriff’s Residence & Jail (approx. half a mile away); Honoring Carl Etherington (approx. half a mile away); The Licking County Courthouse (approx. half a mile away); The History of Licking Memorial Hospital (approx. half a mile away); "Double Arrow" Wrought Iron Fence (approx. half a mile away); Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Building (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Also see . . . National Heisey Glass Museum web site. ...owned and operated by the Heisey Collectors of America, Inc. (HCA) since 1974. (Submitted on October 17, 2008.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 16, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,464 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 16, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.