Nevada City in Nevada County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Pelton Wheel Manufacturing Site
Erected 1994 by The State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with The Nevada County Cultural Preservation Trust and Pacific Gas & Electric Co., May 11, 1994. (Marker Number 1012.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Landmarks Natural Resources • Notable Events • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1879.
Location. 39° 15.73′ N, 121° 1.184′ W. Marker is in Nevada City, California, in Nevada County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 325 Spring Street, Nevada City CA 95959, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. English and New Salmon Mine Stamp Mill (here, next to this marker); Miners Foundry – Allans Machine Shop (here, next to this marker); Powell Home (within shouting distance of this marker); 400 Broad Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Nevada Theater (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nevada County Traction Company (about 300 feet away); The Flagg Building (about 300 feet away); Kidd & Knox Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nevada City.
Regarding Pelton Wheel Manufacturing Site. This site has been designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.1012
Also see . . .
1. Miners Foundry History. (Submitted on October 21, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
2. Miners Foundry Timeline. (Submitted on October 21, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,738 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.