Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old City Hall and Opera House
Erected 2008 by Delaware County Historical Society, The Kroger Company, and National City Bank.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #25 William McKinley, and the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is February 24, 1832.
Location. 40° 17.908′ N, 83° 4.056′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Sandusky Street and William Street (U.S. 36), on the right when traveling north on Sandusky Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rutherford B. Hayes (within shouting distance of this marker); Rutherford B. Hayes Birthplace (within shouting distance of this marker); William Street United Methodist Church / Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President of the United States (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (about 600 feet away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 800 feet away); Site of the First Ohio State Football Game (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1897 Memorial Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Also see . . . Old City Hall and Opera House and Historic Delaware Photos(Submitted on October 14, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,108 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.