Pennington in Trinity County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Named in honor of its
founder and principal
D. W. Steele
of New Hampshire Academy
Attended by students from
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 7968.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 31° 11.102′ N, 95° 14.146′ W. Marker is in Pennington, Texas, in Trinity County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2781, 0.2 miles north of U.S. 287, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pennington TX 75856, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Albert Holley House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Groveton (approx. 11 miles away); Trinity County Seats (approx. 11 miles away); Trinity County Courthouse Stanton Cemetery (approx. 11˝ miles away); First Baptist Church of Kennard (approx. 12˝ miles away); Kennard (approx. 12˝ miles away); Former Rosenwald School (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Pennington College - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 332 times since then and 98 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.