Montgomery in Montgomery County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Montgomery County Jail
1855 - 1889
Erected 2012 by the City of Montgomery.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1855.
Location. 30° 23.496′ N, 95° 41.788′ W. Marker is in Montgomery, Texas, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Liberty Street (Farm to Market Road 149) and Clepper Drive, on the right when traveling north on Liberty Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Montgomery TX 77356, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Montgomery County, C.S.A. (here, next to this marker); Town of Montgomery (a few steps from this marker); Charles Bellinger Stewart (within shouting distance of this marker); The Montgomery Town GoatFirst State Bank (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Davis Law Office (about 800 feet away); Montgomery Baptist Church Building (about 800 feet away); N. H. Davis Cottage (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montgomery.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 346 times since then and 145 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.