Near Dry Branch in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809)
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 46.869′ N, 83° 29.851′ W. Marker is near Dry Branch, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is on U.S. 80 half a mile south of Parker Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dry Branch GA 31020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stone Creek Baptist Church - 1808 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Camp Wheeler (approx. 3.3 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville (approx. 5.2 miles away); The Cavalry Skirmish (approx. 6.2 miles away); Griswoldville (approx. 6.2 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Griswoldville (approx. 6.2 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville The Deployment and Assaults (approx. 6.2 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville The Advance from East Macon (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Regarding Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809). The house, still standing, has been modified over the years.
Also see . . . Vincent T. and Sarah (Pierson) Allentharpe. A biography of the Rev. Vincent A. Tharp. A link at the bottom takes you to a picture of the house.
"Vincent Tharp, a native of Virginia was born in 1760 and bore arms in the cause of his country towards the close of the Revolutionary War." (Submitted on October 24, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 23, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,103 times since then and 5 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 23, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?