Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Deaf School Park
Erected 1985 by Alumni Association, Ohio School for the Deaf and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 13-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education • Horticulture & Forestry. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1829.
Location. 39° 57.627′ N, 82° 59.273′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on Town Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is in Old Deaf School Park, near Twon Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 480 East Town Street, Columbus OH 43215, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Topiary Garden (within shouting distance Deaf School Park Topiary Garden: 'A Sunday Afternoon on the Ile de la Grande Jatte' (within shouting distance of this marker); Elaine Hastings Mason (within shouting distance of this marker); Snowden- Gray House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbus Main Library / Judge Noah Swayne Home (about 700 feet away); Kelton House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wesley Chapel Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Starling Medical College and St. Francis Hospital (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 30, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,186 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 6. submitted on June 30, 2022, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.