Calaveritas in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Costa Store
Constructed by Mr. Luigi Costa in 1852
Erected 1979 by Princess Parlor No.84, Native Daughters of the Golden West , June 9, 1979.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 38° 9.529′ N, 120° 36.76′ W. Marker is in Calaveritas, California, in Calaveras County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Costa Road and Calaveritas Road. Marker is located 4.5 miles SE of San Andreas. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Andreas CA 95249, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Calaveritas (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Attempted Stage Robbery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Fourth Crossing (approx. 2.3 miles away); Calaveras County Hospital Cemetery (approx. 3˝ miles away); The Red Barn (approx. 3.6 miles away); Calaveras County War Memorial (approx. 3.7 miles away); Model 1841 12-Pound Field Howitzers (approx. 3.7 miles away); San Andreas (approx. 4˝ miles away).
Regarding The Costa Store. Also see: Calaveritas marker for additional information.
Also see . . . The Costa Store. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
Additional keywords. Gold Rush
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,933 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.