Floresville in Wilson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Floresville
Worship services were held in the courthouse until 1889. In that year, the congregation bought this property, originally part of eight leagues granted to Juan and Simon Arocha, and erected a simple church building measuring 40 ft. by 60 ft. In 1905 the structure was remodeled and enlarged. A two-story education facility was added in 1916. The original sanctuary was torn down in 1953 and a new church building erected on the same site. A fellowship hall, library, and pastor's study were added in 1973.
Location. 29° 8.108′ N, 98° 9.514′ W. Marker is in Floresville, Texas, in Wilson County. Marker is on B Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1115 B Street, Floresville TX 78114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Floresville United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); White House Café and Saloon (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Captain Will Wright (about 600 feet away); Wilson County Jail (about 600 feet away); Wilson County Courthouse (about 800 feet away); The Flores de Abrego Family and Floresville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wilson County (approx. 0.2 miles away); James Charles Wilson (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Floresville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for First Baptist Church of Floresville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 26, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.