Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Annexed to Columbus 1870
[Attached to the building is a National Society of the United States Daughters of 1812 Marker. See picture 2 below]:
Founded by Lucas Sullivant
Site of War of 1812 Encampment
General William Henry Harrison, Commander
Land Office and "Harrison House"
NSUS Daughters of 1812 - Ohio
Erected 1947 by The Franklinton Sesquicentennial Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #09 William Henry Harrison series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1797.
Location. 39° 57.629′ N, 83° 0.956′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street (U.S. 40) and Gift StreetTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 570 West Broad Street, Columbus OH 43204, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Franklinton (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Franklinton (a few steps from this marker); The Harrison House (a few steps from this marker); Lucas Sullivant Home Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Toledo and Ohio Central Railroad Station / Macklin Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Franklinton Cemetery Archaeology (approx. 0.3 miles away); “In This Churchyard…” (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Franklinton Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . . History of the Harrison House and Franklinton. (Submitted on October 28, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,135 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on October 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.