Clinton in Big Stone County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Depot
built circa 1885
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 45° 27.584′ N, 96° 26.237′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Minnesota, in Big Stone County. Marker can be reached from Main Street near Center Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located along the sidewalk on the west side of the railroad depot, just left of the building entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 Center Street, Clinton MN 56225, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Pauli Lutheran Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Graceville (approx. 7½ miles away); Big Stone County Courthouse (approx. 10.7 miles away); A Glacial Wall of Water (approx. 11.3 miles away); Paul Bunyan's Boat-Anchor (approx. 11.3 miles away); Geology of Minnesota (approx. 11.3 miles away); Roberts County / Grant County (approx. 13.4 miles away in South Dakota); Ancient Exposed Rock (approx. 14.2 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Depot (Wikipedia)(Submitted on March 11, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. National Register of Historic Places Nomination #86002118. Well-preserved example of a small combination depot, built c. 1885. Also noted as Clinton's oldest building and a symbol of the impact of railroads on the town. Currently houses the city history museum. (Submitted on March 11, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 10, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 11, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.