Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
Dramatist, Philosopher, and Historian
Rededicated July 4, 1991
The United German Singing Societies of Central Ohio
Columbus Maennerchor & Damenchor • Columbus Sachsenchor
Newark Maennerchor & Damenchor • Germania Maennerchor & Damenchor
Helvetia Maennerchor & Edelweiss Damenchor • Harmony Glee Club
The Friends of Schiller Park
Erected 1991 by The United German Singing Societies of Central Ohio and Friends of Schiller Park.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Entertainment. A significant historical date for this entry is July 4, 1872.
Location. 39° 56.523′ N, 82° 59.614′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is near center of Schiller Park, off City Park Avenue, in German Village neighborhood of Columbus. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus OH 43206, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Story of The Schiller Monument (here, next to this marker); Grace's Garden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gold Star Mothers (about 400 feet away); Schiller Park (about 400 feet away); Franklin County Soldiers of the Mexican War (about 500 feet away); Site of First Ohio State Home Football Game / The Ohio State University First Football Team 1890 (approx. ¼ mile away); Circa 1870 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Circa 1872 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 29, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,434 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 29, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on July 10, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 5. submitted on November 29, 2014. 6. submitted on October 29, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.