Scottsboro in Baldwin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
John Clark House
The original section of the house was the John Scott home. Additions and changes have been made by later owners. Architects have always been interested in the house. Bishop Capers lived here when pastor of the Milledgeville Methodist Church (1823- 24).
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 005-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Government & Politics • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 0.913′ N, 83° 14.363′ W. Marker is in Scottsboro, Georgia, in Baldwin County. Marker is at the intersection of Gordon Highway (Georgia Route 243) and Colony Farm Road, on the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milledgeville GA 31061, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Route of Gen. Kilpatrick’s Cavalry (approx. 0.7 miles away); Cedar Lane Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Fort Wilkinson (approx. 2.6 miles away); Old Fort Wilkinson (approx. 2.7 miles away); Milledgeville State Hospital (approx. 2.7 miles away); Old Oglethorpe University (approx. 2.8 miles away); Carl Vinson • Mary Green Vinson (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Methodist Church (approx. 4.2 miles away).
Also see . . . John Clark (1766-1832). From the New Georgia Encyclopedia (Submitted on October 31, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,285 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 30, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.