Oconto in Oconto County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Church of Christ, Scientist
Erected 1955 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list.
Location. 44° 53.397′ N, 87° 52.655′ W. Marker is in Oconto, Wisconsin, in Oconto County. Marker is at the intersection of Chicago Street and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on Chicago Street. Marker is at the south side of the church along Chicago Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 423 Chicago Street, Oconto WI 54153, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Farnsworth Public Library (approx. ¼ mile away); Mission of St. Francois Xavier (approx. 0.3 miles away); Nicholas Perrot (approx. 0.4 miles away); Oconto County Veteran's Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); George Beyer Home (approx. 0.7 miles away); Stanley Toy Company (approx. 0.7 miles away); Oconto Site (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old Copper Culture Cemetery (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oconto.
Also see . . . Historic Oconto County Churches. (Submitted on October 31, 2008.)
Additional keywords. First Christian Science Church Edifice
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 31, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 945 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 31, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 8, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. 6. submitted on August 7, 2012, by Melinda Roberts of De Pere, United States. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.