Elma in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
ca. 1865. Had woolen mill,
sawmill, blacksmith, grocery,
Post Office & swimming hole.
Later called Frog Pond.
Originally home of Senecas.
Erected 2017 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 288.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1865.
Location. 42° 48.309′ N, 78° 35.66′ W. Marker is in Elma, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Jamison Road and Creek Road, on the left when traveling east on Jamison Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1841 Jamison Road, East Aurora NY 14052, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Village of East Aurora (approx. 1.9 miles away); Elma Centre (approx. 2.6 miles away); East Aurora Cemetery (approx. 2.8 miles away); Elbert Hubbard / Michelangelo (approx. 2.8 miles The Roycroft Shops (approx. 2.9 miles away); Millard Fillmore House (approx. 2.9 miles away); Baker Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Middle Road (approx. 3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 7, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 98 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 7, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.