Panna Maria in Karnes County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built 1875; second oldest store in Panna Maria; still has original rafters and floors. Lime for mortaring stones (visible on back and sides) was fired in home kilns. Store was bought by Victor Pilarczyk, 1913. First gas pump was installed 1919.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968
Incise in base: In loving memory of Victor Pilarczyk
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4016.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1875.
Location. 28° 57.458′ N, 97° 53.913′ W. Marker is in Panna Maria, Texas, in Karnes County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 81, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13860 FM 81, Panna Maria TX 78144, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Panna Maria, Texas (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Panna Maria (within shouting distance of this marker); First Store in Panna Maria (within shouting distance of this marker); Immaculate Conception Church (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Joseph's School (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Gawlik House (about 600 feet away); Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Cemetery (approx. 4.1 miles away); Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Panna Maria.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 176 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.