City of London, England, United Kingdom
The Trinity House
Incorporated by Charter Granted by Henry VIII in 1514
The first Trinity House was at Deptford and then at Raycliff and Stepney in the 16th and 17th centuries. In 1660 Trinity House moved to Water Lane, off Eastcheap, the building being destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and subsequently rebuilt. It was again destroyed by fire in 1715 and the Corporation then moved to present site in 1795. Trinity House was partially destroyed by enemy action in 1940 and rebuilt in 1953.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1660.
Location. 51° 30.619′ N, 0° 4.624′ W. Marker is in City of London, England. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Trinity Square, City of London, England EC3N 4DH, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Tower Hill Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); London Wall (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named The Tower Hill MemorialTower Hill Execution Site (about 90 meters away); a different marker also named The Tower Hill Memorial (about 90 meters away); The Tower in flames (about 120 meters away); Collapse at the Tower of London! (about 120 meters away); The Norman Tower of London (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of London.
Also see . . . Trinity House. (Submitted on April 10, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 115 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 10, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.