Plainfield in Will County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Built by Erastus C. Wight
Additions – Erastus C. Wight – c. 1859
Roderick B. Wight – c. 1907
Former site of Levi Arnold’s Halfway House – c. 1834
Landmark Village of Plainfield Illinois
Erected by Plainfield Historic Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1838.
Location. 41° 36.694′ N, 88° 12.251′ W. Marker is in Plainfield, Illinois, in Will County. Marker is on West Main Street (Illinois Route 126) ¼ mile west of North Division Street (Illinois Route 59), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 24038 W Main Street, Plainfield IL 60544, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Plainfield House (here, next to this marker); Plymouth Congregational Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Masonic Block Building Landmark (approx. 0.2 miles away); Downtown Historic District The Development of Downtown Plainfield (approx. 0.2 miles away); Opera House Block Building Landmark (approx. ¼ mile away); Caboose (approx. 0.4 miles away); Boxcars (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainfield.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 11, 2019, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 85 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 11, 2019, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.