Meadville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Gibson Tavern
the Gibson Tavern
rested and dined
on his way through
June 2 1825
Erected 1901 by Col. Crawford Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and the Lafayette’s Farewell Tour series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is June 2, 1825.
Location. 41° 38.321′ N, 80° 9.298′ W. Marker is in Meadville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of Chestnut Street and Water Street, on the right when traveling west on Chestnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Chestnut Street, Meadville PA 16335, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Within This Block (within shouting distance of this marker); The Shryock Store (within shouting distance of this marker); The Market House Plaza Meadville Market House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Meridian Building (about 400 feet away); Meadville Woolen Mills (about 400 feet away); The Kepler Hotel (about 400 feet away); Mill Run (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Meadville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 14, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 14, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.