Martinsburg in Berkeley County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Old Stone House
302 South Water Street
Constructed prior to 1779
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia, Martinsburg Historic Properties series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1779.
Location. 39° 27.258′ N, 77° 57.717′ W. Marker is in Martinsburg, West Virginia, in Berkeley County. Marker is at the intersection of South Water Street and East John Street, on the right when traveling north on South Water Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 South Water Street, Martinsburg WV 25401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Electrified House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Adam Stephen (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); General Adam Stephen House and Triple Brick Museum (about 300 feet away); Old Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); Triple Brick Building 311-313 East John Street (about 500 feet away); Adam Stephen House 309 East John StreetTriple Brick Museum (about 600 feet away); Adam Stephen House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Martinsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 18, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 189 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 18, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.