Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sausalito in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Fiedler's General Store

1885

 
 
Fiedler's General Store Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, April 5, 2019
1. Fiedler's General Store Marker
Inscription.  
Sausalito's first brick building. For over 50 years it was a general store operated by the locally prominent Fiedler family. In the 1950's and '60's it housed the town's last "five and dime" store. Second story added in 1980.
 
Erected by Sausalito Historic District.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1980.
 
Location. 37° 51.327′ N, 122° 28.749′ W. Marker is in Sausalito, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection of Bridgeway and Princess Street, on the right when traveling north on Bridgeway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 670 Bridgeway, Sausalito CA 94965, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Princess Theater (a few steps from this marker); Becker Building (a few steps from this marker); Sausalito (within shouting distance of this marker); Bank of Sausalito (within shouting distance of this marker); Sausalito World War I Memorial (about 400 feet
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away, measured in a direct line); Old Sausalito City Hall / 1894 Old City Hall (about 400 feet away); Restored Victorian (about 500 feet away); Sausalito Ferry Terminals (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sausalito.
 
Former Fiedler's General Store and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, April 5, 2019
2. Former Fiedler's General Store and Marker
Marker is at the left of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 24, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 116 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 24, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=132633

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 22, 2024