Lowville in Lewis County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
One Room School
established Nov. 1831 by
Common Schools Commission.
Classes held here until 1958
building sold 1962
Erected 2016 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 292.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list.
Location. 43° 45.904′ N, 75° 27.712′ W. Marker is in Lowville, New York, in Lewis County. Marker is on Ramos Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6503 Ramos Road, Lowville NY 13367, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Greystone Manor (approx. 1.9 miles away); Site of First Lewis County Clerk’s Building (approx. 2 miles away); Lewis County Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument (approx. 2˝ miles away); Stone Church (approx. 2˝ miles away); Hough’s Cave (approx. 3.1 miles away); Town of Turin WW II Memorial Constable Hall (approx. 14.2 miles away); a different marker also named Constable Hall (approx. 14.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lowville.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2019, by Deryn Pomeroy of Syracuse, New York. This page has been viewed 74 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2019, by Deryn Pomeroy of Syracuse, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.