Freeport in Nassau County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
B'nai Israel Synagogue
Site of first Jewish synagogue in Freeport
In 1971 occupied by St. Demetrios Greek
Orthodox Church and the home of the Refuge
Apostolic Church Of Christ in 1982
Erected 2014 by Landmark Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1971.
Location. 40° 39.588′ N, 73° 34.793′ W. Marker is in Freeport, New York, in Nassau County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway and Mt. Avenue, on the left when traveling east on Broadway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 Broadway, Freeport NY 11520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Public School in Freeport (approx. ¼ mile away); Freeport Bank (approx. ¼ mile away); Columbus Ave. (approx. ¼ mile away); Trubia Rifle (approx. ¼ mile away); Freeport Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Village Hall - 1928 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bennington Park (approx. half a mile away); Freeport Post Office (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Freeport.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 30, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.