Marilla in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Blacksmith Shop
Built in the 1850's, it was originally
operated by Peter Petz, and later by
John Kratt. William Roloff purchased
the Shop in 1921 and later passed in on
to his son Kenneth. The shop became
the last full time operating shop in
Erie County and is currently owned by
William Roloff's great-grandsons
Ronald and David Unverdorben.
Erected by Marilla Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 42° 50.281′ N, 78° 33.326′ W. Marker is in Marilla, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Two Rod Road 0.2 miles south of Bullis Road (County Route 331), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1852 Two Rod Road, Marilla NY 14102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Members of the United States Armed Forces (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marilla World War Honor Holl (about 400 feet away); The Willis Hotel (about 700 The 150th Anniversary of the Start of the Civil War (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of First Grist Mill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marilla Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); East Elma (approx. 3 miles away); Secession & Reunion (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marilla.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 30, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 89 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 30, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.