Marilla in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Willis Hotel
Erected on this site by R.G. Willis in 1863
and burned in the fire of 1865. Rebuilt
in 1866 and operated by Willis until 1869. It
was the social center of Marilla known for
its third floor ballroom. John Ktaft owned
the building from 1921 till 1925 when
it was sold to Howard Phillips. Mr. Phillips
converted the hotel to a feed mill. The
business closed in 1953 and the building
was torn down in 1987.
Erected by Marilla Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1863.
Location. 42° 50.398′ N, 78° 33.36′ W. Marker is in Marilla, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Bullis Road (County Route 331) and Two Rod Road, on the right when traveling east on Bullis Road. Marker is one lot west of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marilla NY 14102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The 150th Anniversary of the Start of the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); Marilla World War Honor HollMembers of the United States Armed Forces (about 300 feet away); Site of First Grist Mill (about 400 feet away); The Blacksmith Shop (about 700 feet away); Marilla Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); East Elma (approx. 3.1 miles away); Secession & Reunion (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marilla.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 1, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 1, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.