Liberty in Tioga County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Block House
Built in 1792
Erected 1926 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Wellsboro Chapter.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1792.
Location. 41° 33.492′ N, 77° 6.308′ W. Marker is in Liberty, Pennsylvania, in Tioga County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Blockhouse Road and Williamson Trail. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Liberty PA 16930, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Staff Sergeant Ryan Scott Ostrom (within shouting distance of this marker); Williamson Road (within shouting distance of this marker); William B. Wilson (approx. 7.6 miles away); Coal in Tioga County (approx. 8.2 miles away); Ralston Railroad Bridge (approx. 8.7 miles away); Blossburg Veterans Memorial (approx. 8.7 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps (approx. 10.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Liberty.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 4, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 4, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.