Clinton in Rock County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Old Clinton Water Tower
Clinton's historic water tower was built in 1895 by Jacob Miller, a local masonry contractor after a contract had been let for the water works system to Fairbanks Morse & Co. of Chicago the previous year. Constructed of native limestone, it is 59 feet high. The system was put into operation in 1896. The tower is one of two stone water towers in Rock County, the second being located in Beloit.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 42° 33.657′ N, 88° 51.814′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Wisconsin, in Rock County. Marker is on High St near Allen St. Located at Herb Reffue Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 502 High St, Clinton WI 53525, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Crossing (a few steps from this marker); The Skavlem–Williams Log Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Soldier of The American Revolution (approx. 4.2 miles away); In the Name of God. Amen. (approx. 4.6 miles away); Jefferson Prairie SettlementAllen Family (approx. 5.3 miles away); La Prairie Grange Hall (approx. 6˝ miles away); Wisconsin's First Aviator (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 5, 2019, by Ruth VanSteenwyk of Aberdeen, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 109 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 5, 2019, by Ruth VanSteenwyk of Aberdeen, South Dakota. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.