Clement Clarke Moore
Scholar and developer of modern Chelsea, he gave the land for St. Peter’s Church and the General Theological Seminary, where he was professor of Greek and Hebrew.
Erected by Native New Yorkers’ Historical Association
Felix J. Cuervo, Pres.
Robert P. Mangieri, V.P.
Michael Albetta, V.P.
Erected by Native New Yorkers’ Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Arts, Letters, Music. A significant historical year for this entry is 1822.
Location. 40° 44.817′ N, 74° 0.142′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is on West 23rd Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 420 West 23rd Street, New York NY 10011, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chelsea Historic District and District Extension (within shouting distance of this marker); James N. Wells Mansion - 1835
Also see . . . The Lost Clement C. Moore "Chelsea House". "Daytonian in Manhattan" blog entry (Submitted on February 15, 2020, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 11, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on May 6, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. Photos: 1. submitted on October 11, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 6, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.