Lake Orion in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This Carpenter Gothic style house was built in 1879 for Joshua C. Predmore (1837-1912). A Civil War veteran, Predmore was on guard duty at the White House the night President Lincoln was assassinated. He was mustered out of the service in 1868. Returning to Lake Orion, he became a merchant, running a general store for forty years. Predmore held local offices from village president to councilman and was township clerk at the time of his death. The restored house features three original lattice archways and two oak fireplaces, one in the front parlor and one in the living room.
Erected 1982 by Michigan History Bureau, Department of State. (Marker Number L709.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #16 Abraham Lincoln, and the Michigan Historical Commission series lists.
Location. 42° 47.221′ N, 83° 14.381′ W. Marker is Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 244 North Broadway Street, Lake Orion MI 48362, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lake Orion Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carpenter-Rudd Mill (approx. 1.7 miles away); William E. Scripps (approx. 3.3 miles away); William E. Scripps / William E. and Nina Scripps Estate (approx. 3.3 miles away); Howarth School (approx. 3.9 miles away); Paint Creek Cemetery (approx. 4.1 miles away); Lakeville Cemetery (approx. 4.6 miles away); The Flumerfelt Barn (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lake Orion.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 9, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 116 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 9, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.