Erected by the citizens of Sag Harbor in the year Nineteen Hundred and Sixty Six as an historic memorial to the great whaling industry which is part of our heritage. The original windmill was constructed in 1760 and stood 50 feet west of this site. This reconstruction was completed under the auspices of the 1966 Old Whalers Festival.
John A. Ward, Jr., Chairman
This windmill replica donated to the Village of Sag Harbor by the Old Whalers Festival Committee 1984
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 41° 0.168′ N, 72° 17.76′ W. Marker is in Sag Harbor, New York, in Suffolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Wharf Street and Ferry Road, on the right when traveling south on Wharf Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8 Wharf Street, Sag Harbor NY 11963, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Steinbeck (here, next to this marker); Wharf Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Long Wharf (within shouting distance
Credits. This page was last revised on May 16, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.