Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Temple Beth Israel
Erected 2005 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History, funded by the Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1867.
Location. 32° 17.632′ N, 90° 10.879′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of South State Street and South Street, on the right when traveling north on South State Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 South State Street, Jackson MS 39201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. WLBT-TV (approx. ¼ mile away); GM&O Freight Depot Jackson City Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away); Central Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); GM&O Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Merci Train Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mississippi's Old Capitol (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Capitol (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
More about this marker. Conceived and funded by the Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation
Additional keywords. Jewish American History
Credits. This page was last revised on May 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2011, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 639 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on May 25, 2019, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Florida. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 27, 2011, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Florida. 3. submitted on May 25, 2019, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.