Near Bath in Summit County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Sylvester and Harriet Parsons Shaw arrived in 1832 in a wagon drawn by oxen, built a log cabin, and became successful farmers. Their grandson, Leon Shaw, was a noted photographer in the late 19th century. His photographs depicting everyday rural life are frequently on display at the Bath Township Museum. A Methodist Chapel was built in 1879 adjacent to Shaw Cemetery on land given by Romanzo Boughton.
Erected 2011 by Heritage Corridors of Bath, Bath Township Historical Society, Bath Business Association, David Darst, David & Christine Shaw, Bath Homeowners Association, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 44-77.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1928.
Location. 41° 10.896′ N, 81° 39.951′ W. Marker is near Bath, Ohio, in Summit County. Marker is on Hamentown Road south of Rock Ridge Lane, on the left when traveling south. It is at Moore’s Chapel Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bath OH 44210, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bath Township Hall / Bath Center Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Ghent Woolen Mill (approx. 2.2 miles away); Ira Cemetery Information BoardWelcome to Cuyahoga Valley National Park (approx. 4.3 miles away); From Salvage Yard to Beaver Marsh (approx. 4.3 miles away); Lock 26 (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sikh Gurdwara (approx. 4.4 miles away); Lock 25 (approx. 4˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 30, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 30, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.