Fort Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Treasury Building Column Sections
About 1910 the owner of Gunston Hall in Lorton, Virginia acquired the column base and inverted capital shown here as a decorative garden monument. In 1950 Gunston Hall transferred the two pieces to Fort Belvoir.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
Location. 38° 41.669′ N, 77° 8.258′ W. Marker is in Fort Belvoir, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Belvoir VA 22060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Park Village (approx. 0.2 miles away); Water Storage Tank 188 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Long Parade Ground (approx. 0.3 miles away); Warehouse District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Non Commissioned Officers’ Service Club (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gerber Village Jadwin Loop Village (approx. 0.4 miles away); Pohick Road Crossing (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Belvoir.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 12, 2019, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 168 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 12, 2019, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Location of the other column section. • Can you help?