Teacher, Benefactor, Man of God, who:
Organized the First Christian Church in Covington about 1830;
Re-organizd it after it was dispersed by an epidemic of cholera in 1833;
Built a house of worship on Third Street, paid for it with silver half dollars, and conveyed it to the church in 1845;
Gave the site for a larger church on Fifth Street in 1865.
"He died, but through his
faith he is still speaking"
Location. 39° 5.149′ N, 84° 30.676′ W. Marker is in Covington, Kentucky, in Kenton County. Marker is on W 5th Street west of Madison Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 W 5th Street, Covington KY 41011, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Geo. V. Flaig (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mother of God Church / "Cradle of the Arts" (about 700 feet away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Covington Blue Sox (approx. ¼ mile away); First City Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); John A. Roebling Bridge (approx. 0.3 miles away); Slave Escape / Controversial Judgment (approx. 0.3 miles away); Casper Ottens House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
Also see . . . History (First Christian Church). (Submitted on June 17, 2019.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Arnold House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 98 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.