Grantsville in Garrett County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Bear Hill School
In 1994, the current owners, Robert and Shirley Hay, donated it to the Spruce Forest Artisan Village. Through the generous help of some eight trades, contractors and suppliers, the structure was relocated and restored here in November, 1994.
Erected by Spruce Forest Artisan Village.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 39° 41.785′ N, 79° 8.467′ W. Marker is in Grantsville, Maryland, in Garrett County. Marker is on Casselman Rd, 0.1 miles north of Main Street (Route Alt-40). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 177 Casselman Rd, Grantsville MD 21536, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Yoder House (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the National Pike Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Schrock Cabin Compton School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Markley House (about 300 feet away); Stanton’s Mill (about 300 feet away); Glotfelty House (about 300 feet away); The Miller House (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grantsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 23, 2019. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 23, 2019. 2. submitted on July 19, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. 3, 4. submitted on June 23, 2019. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.