Marshall in Fauquier County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Campaign of Second Manassas
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number FB-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1862.
Location. 38° 51.813′ N, 77° 51.596′ W. Marker is in Marshall, Virginia, in Fauquier County. Marker is on West Main Street / John Marshall Highway (Virginia Route 55), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8405 W Main St, Marshall VA 20116, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lee’s Narrow Escape (here, next to this marker); Mosby’s Rangers Disband Site (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Salem (approx. 0.3 miles away); McClellan Relieved From Command (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mosby’s Rangers Disband Confederate Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); Number 18 School (approx. 1.6 miles away); Oak Hill (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marshall.
More about this marker. The marker is in the parking lot for the Marshall United Methodist Church.
Regarding Campaign of Second Manassas. This marker is one in the set erected by the commission to trace the Second Manassas (or Northern Virginia) Campaign. Refer to the related markers below to follow the commission's "tour" by markers.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Virginia State markers for the Second Manassas Campaign.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 26, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,687 times since then and 24 times this year. It was the Marker of the Week August 26, 2012. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.