Dry Prong in Grant Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Village of Dry Prong
Located in a land of natural beauty, the former Cottonburg became Dry Prong in 1906 when the Dry Prong post office was moved to this location in order to be near the L&A Railroad. Dry Prong was named for its first location: the site of an early water grist mill that was built on a prong (branch) of Big Creek that went dry in the summer. Village incorporated June 4, 1947.
Erected by People of Dry Prong & The Grant Arts Council.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 31° 34.636′ N, 92° 31.688′ W. Marker is in Dry Prong, Louisiana, in Grant Parish. Marker is on U.S. 167 near Second Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dry Prong LA 71423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pollock School (approx. 7.7 miles away); Oction House (approx. 7.8 miles away); Town of Pollock (approx. 7.9 miles away); Prospect School (approx. 8 miles away); Welcome to PollockThe Community of Fishville (approx. 10.4 miles away); Mary E. Graham High School (approx. 11 miles away); Grant Parish and Town of Colfax (approx. 11.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 30, 2019.