Lubbock in Lubbock County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This barn was built in about 1906 at the end of the cattle drive years. Jones used the barn ad adjacent pens to rest cattle during the years before the Santa Fe railroad came to Snyder in 1911.
The Jones family came to early Scurry County as homesteaders, settling on about 700 acres. One of the Jones daughters married a Hoffman, and the land where the barn was built has stayed in the Johnny Hoffman family since that time.
Erected by The Diamond M Foundation and National Ranching Heritage Center.
Location. 33° 35.322′ N, 101° 53.112′ W. Marker is in Lubbock, Texas, in Lubbock County. Marker can be reached from 4th Street west of Flint Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Within the Lubbock Ranching Heritage Center park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3121 4th Street, Lubbock TX 79409, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Ropes Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); 6666 Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); JA Oat Bin/Monitor Vaneless L Model Windmill (within shouting distance of this marker); Picket and Sotol House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Matador Office (about 400 feet away); The Pitchfork (about 400 feet away); Barton House (about 500 feet away); Los Corralitos (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lubbock.
Also see . . . National Ranching Heritage Center. Texas Tech University (Submitted on July 8, 2019.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Hoffman Barn.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2019, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 6, 2019, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.