Riverdale Park in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Welcome to the Town of Riverdale Park
Formally incorporated in 1920, the Town of Riverdale Park derives its name from historic Riversdale Plantation. Riversdale Mansion still stands today, surrounded by the community that grew up around it.
A visit to Riverdale Park is a delightful journey through Maryland History. Town Center, the historic business district, features shops and attractions including a replica of a vintage B&O train station.
In addition to Riversdale Mansion, several homes are listed on the Maryland Historical Trust's Register of Historic Places.
Enjoy your visit to Riverdale Park. Experience our community pride and our Maryland heritage. It's a nice place to visit and a great place to live.
Erected by Anacostia Trails Heritage Area.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B&O) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1920.
Location. 38° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Riverdale MD 20737, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Riverdale School (a few steps from this marker); Betty's Garden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Welcome to the Riversdale Garden (about 300 feet away); The Riversdale Dependency (about 400 feet away); Signs of War (about 400 feet away); Welcome to Riversdale (about 500 feet away); This Demiculverin (about 500 feet away); The Harry Smith House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Riverdale Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 6, 2022. It was originally submitted on November 17, 2008, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 852 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 17, 2008, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland.